Alan R. Hill
Alan R. Hill is a graduate of the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, where he earned certificates in Transactional Business Law and Business Litigation. In his free time, Alan prefers spending time outdoors, hiking, and camping with his wife, Kasey. He enjoys cooking well and playing the guitar less well.
After Law School, Alan worked as a staff attorney for Southern Arizona Legal Aid, helping clients without the financial means to afford legal representation to fight wrongful evictions avoid home foreclosure, obtain unemployment and disability benefits, and to defend against financial catastrophe, both inside and outside bankruptcy.
Law practice is a second career for Alan, who grew up in Las Vegas, Nevada, where he gained experience working for small businesses, including his own, as a technician and commercial salesman. In business and in sales, Alan often found that he was most valuable to his customers when he understood the context of the problem he had been called to fix. As a lawyer, he maintains that flexibility and practicality are usually essential to realizing the best results for his clients.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial Law
- Real Estate Law
- Business and Real Estate Litigation
- Represented dozens of clients in administrative law proceedings
- Represented more than 50 clients in landlord-tenant disputes, including in dozens of Forcible Entry and Detainer Actions
- Represented clients facing lien foreclosures
- Represented debtors in consumer bankruptcies
- Arizona (all courts)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- “In Justice Court: Defending Tenants in Eviction Actions,” Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc., Volunteer Lawyers Program, 2020
- J.D. University of Arizona College of Law
- B.A. History, Eastern Kentucky University